1. Pick as many pictures as you want - but make them screen-captures. These need to be moments that speak to you that perhaps haven't been represented as stills before.
2. Pick a theme, any theme.
3. You MUST link to Stephen's original gallery and the gallery at The Dancing Image.
4. Tag five blogs.
The theme that I have chosen are complimentary/contradictory themes/images from four films. I always believe no matter how serious the subject matter of a film that there is always opportunity for a creative artist to be playful with his/her images. Artistic inspiration and creation and rendition are three complimentary/contradictory ideas for the truly playful.
Anthony Steffan as Django in Django il bastardo (1969), directed by Sergio Garrone, looking like Death in front of the cross.
Django about to meet Death with the cross behind him.
In Chungking Express (1994), directed by Wong Kar-wai, Takeshi Kaneshiro as Cop 223 has cleaned the shoes of the Woman in the Blonde Wig (Brigitte Lin), because she has been running around all night and her feet are tired.
Tony Leung Chiu Wai as Cop 663 who is messaging the feet of Faye (Faye Wong), because she got scared standing still and her feet went to sleep.
Party host Angela (Amelia Kinkade)who is watching her expected party guest show off her rockin'-hot body in Night of the Demons (1988), directed by Kevin Tenney; and
Angela whose rockin'-hot body is host for an unexpected party guest.
Andrei Tarkovsky capturing natural scenery on Earth and making it look alien in his Solaris (1972).
Characters in Solaris who are trying to capture natural scenery in an alien setting with man-made material.
For the following writers, consider yourself tagged:
1. Neil at The Agitation of the Mind.
2. Jay at The Lucid Nightmare.
3. Didier at Shoot First, Die Later.
4. Drew at The Blue Vial.
5. Kevin at Hugo Stiglitz Makes Movies.